Posted on: November 6, 2018
The Hedge Fund (HF) Analyst’s primary role is to support the firm’s Hedge Fund Research. In addition, he/she will be asked to assist with other Hedge Fund Research initiatives and client specific projects.
- Support quantitative due dilig
- ence efforts on existing and new HF managers specifically with regards to running Pertrac, Excel and Bloomberg to generate analytics. Use data to develop peer group/comparison analysis for HF managers.
- Support qualitative due diligence efforts on existing and new HF managers by supporting preparation of Investment Due Diligence Summaries and Onsite reports.
- Follow up with managers for performance data and analyze quarterly performance.
- Build databases to analyze managers underlying various HF managers.
- Attend meetings with hedge fund managers and provide written documentation of all pertinent information gathered from the meetings as well as an opinion/recommendation of manager.
- Use internal CRM and other tools to develop various HF exposure statistics.
- Support portfolio construction/ manager search efforts for hedge fund portfolios.
- Conduct portfolio optimization for hedge fund portfolios.
- Support research for white paper/topical studies.
- Analyze RFPs and help with public HF manager searches.
- Develop new business and other presentations.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date internal records on the status of the data for each manager.
One (1) to two (2) years of analyst experience in the investment industry. College degree required, with finance/economics focus preferred. Progress towards the CAIA® or CFA® designation is a plus.
Highly developed computer skills including proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint required. Familiarity with Pertrac and optimization software is desirable. Hedge fund experience a plus, but interest in global markets is a must. Should be comfortable managing and analyzing large quantities of data. Must be detail oriented, able to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, multiple-task environment. Prior experience interacting with clients is preferred. The ideal individual must be a team player with excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
NEPC is a strong advocate of promotion from within, so excellent potential exists for professional growth. We offer a competitive salary, bonus and full benefits including profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
NEPC, LLC is an employee-owned, full service investment consulting firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. NEPC was founded in 1986 and now has approximately 280 employees and over 350 clients. We provide a variety of consulting services such as asset allocation, performance measurement, policy formulation, and manager search. Our clients include defined benefit, defined contribution, endowments, foundations, trusts, public, corporate, Taft-Hartley, health & welfare, high-net worth, insurance and private plans. NEPC’s mission is to help our clients build successful investment programs, using diverse and proven strategies to enhance returns while minimizing risk. We’re a fun (but demanding) company with excellent working conditions and a very supportive team-oriented environment.
NEPC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer