Posted on: September 24, 2018
We are currently looking for an Asset-Liability Specialist with the following responsibilities:
- Conduct pension asset-liability studies as well as asset allocation research
- Develop and build pension liability models to support liability aware investment solutions
- Provide support to our clients and consulting team regarding pension regulatory changes
- Work with senior members of our research and consulting teams to understand the client’s investment objective and develop a custom long-term asset allocation
- Engage with clients and consulting team on pension liability structure, liability-driven investing, risk budgeting, risk management, asset allocation, and portfolio construction
- Formally present asset-liability study conclusions to clients and deliver client presentations on other asset allocation topics
- Contribute to asset allocation research projects requiring detailed knowledge of risk analysis and quantitative modeling techniques
Prior pension actuarial experience required with a bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field. ASA or FSA designation is preferred.
Experience with ERISA pension funding rules and FAS accounting is required, and familiarity with multiemployer plans, public pension funding and GASB accounting is preferred. Prior investment experience and CFA charterholder or CFA candidate is a plus. High degree of computer proficiency is required, specifically the use of Excel and the ability to manage investment models and databases. Experience with ProVal, PFaroe, @Risk, R programming, or Bloomberg is a plus.
Must be detail oriented, able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment and able to travel occasionally. NEPC is a strong advocate of promotion from within and excellent potential exists for long-term professional growth. Competitive salary, bonus and full benefits including, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
To apply: click here
NEPC, LLC is an employee-owned, full service investment consulting firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. NEPC was founded in 1986 and now has approximately 240 employees and over 300 clients. We provide a variety of consulting services such as asset allocation, performance measurement, policy formulation, and manager search. Our clients include defined benefit, defined contribution, endowments, foundations, trusts, public, corporate, Taft-Hartley, health & welfare, high-net worth, insurance and private plans. NEPC’s mission is to help our clients build successful investment programs, using diverse and proven strategies to enhance returns while minimizing risk. We’re a fun (but demanding) company with excellent working conditions and a very supportive team-oriented environment.
NEPC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer