February 2, 2018
Join a dynamic, purpose-driven team and help transform the way NEPC works. NEPC is implementing multi-year enterprise data management strategy to fundamentally change how employees engage with data and with each other in service of our clients. Be a part of the team that’s building new systems and implementing new processes to accomplish this transformation.
The right candidate will have a strong track record of building and managing information systems supporting investment analytics and consulting operations. Candidates should be able to point to specific projects and activities that demonstrate his or her capabilities to implement technologies that deliver measurable business impact. In particular, candidates should be able to demonstrate their experience in building out information architectures for investment data, creating analytics solutions, and being a champion for the migration from Excel to more modern analytic platforms.
Candidates should also have a passion for investment services.
IT Manager Role:
IT Managers at NEPC are hands-on, team oriented, and results driven. Each is assigned to one or more collections of technologies we designate as platforms. An IT Manager’s primary job is to cultivate the assigned platforms through leadership and participation in major projects, use case implementations, maintenance, and support, ensuring the platforms are meeting business requirements and delivering value over time as an integrated part of the firm’s technology architecture.
Assigned Platforms for this position -
Information Architecture: design, storage integration of data
Technologies Required: Denodo (data virtualization), SQL databases, Scribe, SSIS, SFTP, ERWIN
Technological: Data modeling, ETL Design, SQL
Functional: Securities/Product Master, Investment Data
Analytics and Reporting: Aggregation, presentation, delivery, and accessibility of information to support operational and consulting services, process management, business decisions, and ad-hoc information needs. Includes the development of self-service capabilities, especially dashboards and analytics tools.
Technologies Required: TIBCO SpotFire, SSRS, BARRA One, Bloomberg Terminal, Adaptive Insights, MSCI Investorforce, FactSet SPAR, PM Reporter (in-house)
Skills Required -
Technological: SpotFire, SQL, SSRS, Web Development SDLC, Agile Development, Application Architecture
Functional: Investment Analytics
PLAtform management -
- Develop and maintain the platform roadmap and architecture.
- Create and update SWOT analyses as part of the annual planning cycle.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key platform stakeholders in order to feed platform requirements.
- Report to the Digital Business Steering Committee on a quarterly basis, reflecting on platform changes from the prior quarter and describing plans for the coming quarter.
- Communicate with stakeholders to gain consensus on priorities and set expectations.
- Manage the continuous delivery cycle of changes for the platform components according to established and emerging practices.
- Reflect on any issues affecting the reliability of production implementations.
- Use insights to update platform roadmap and plans.
Business Value Delivery
- Monitor stakeholder satisfaction and update roadmap to ensure alignment to needs
- Evaluate end-user skill levels against required skills and implement programs as necessary to close gaps.
- Stay current with implemented and prospective technologies relevant to the platform
- Update roadmap with upgrades, new introductions, and sunsets as appropriate to maintain relevance and value for the platform.
- Stay closely involved with all projects related to assigned platforms, often acting as Technical Lead and minimally as a technical advisor as required.
- Evaluate technical skill levels of IT staff against required skills and implement programs as necessary to close gaps.
Process Ownership -
- Define and improve assigned IT processes (e.g., change management).
- Ensure consistent and effective execution of processes.
- Troubleshoot processes as required.
Team Management -
- Establish team priorities.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals.
- Participate on the IT Leadership team to help form group practices and address team dynamics.
vendor management -
- Complete vendor scorecard for all assigned strategic vendors according to annual calendar.
- Engage with vendors to improve performance as necessary.
- Obtain product and service roadmap information from vendors and update platform roadmaps as necessary.
Change management -
- Develop the appropriate procedures and competencies across IT to ensure changes for assigned platforms can be efficiently executed with high levels of success.
- Prioritize and coordinate changes to assigned platforms.
- Participate in change control through change approvals for relevant changes.
- Occasionally execute changes as required.
Project management -
- Selectively manage key projects related to assigned platforms.
- Be an internal advocate for existing and emerging NEPC project management practices.
individual value added work -
- Contribute to the execution of projects and changes across the entire IT portfolio as required through completion of assigned technical work.
- Review and analyze support requests for assigned platforms in order to understand trends and identify needed changes and improvements for assigned platforms
- Take ownership for escalated support issues and drive them to resolution either through personal efforts or by directing one or more technical resources.
January 25, 2018
NEPC’s performance analytics department is an important resource for our Consulting business. The Performance Analyst is responsible for gathering financial performance data from various sources and putting together monthly and quarterly reports for our clients.View Details
January 2, 2018
Consultant Support analyst position working closely with our discretionary clients and consulting staff, assisting in investment manager search, asset allocation studies, performance monitoring, preparation of client reports, special projects, and conducting due diligence research on investment management firms.
As part of the discretionary services team, you will be responsible for monitoring the portfolios on a daily basis and making recommendations for rebalancing, cash needs and investment manager changes. This is a client facing role and the candidate would be expected to interact with our clients.View Details
December 5, 2017
We are currently looking for an Asset Allocation Analyst/Senior Analyst with the following responsibilities:
- Supports and works with senior members of our Research Team performing asset allocation and asset class research.
- Conducts detailed asset allocation and liquidity studies to support NEPC clients and recommend appropriate investment solutions.
- Maintains and updates asset class valuation models, asset allocation tools, and risk systems
- Supports the publishing of monthly and quarterly market research reports
- Conducts economic and quantitative analysis to support Asset Allocation Team
- Provides research, data and analysis to support innovative portfolio construction techniques.
November 28, 2017
Candidates for this position will most likely be serving in a comparable role at a plan sponsor, investment manager or consulting firm specializing in hedge funds. You will be responsible for the review, evaluation and analysis of equity long/short hedge funds and fund of funds within hedge fund research and serve as the primary contact with hedge fund managers in those strategies. This includes identifying, interviewing and performing due diligence (qualitative and quantitative) on new managers not on our platform, as well as existing managers. In addition, you will perform ongoing monitoring of the managers in your strategy and prepare quarterly reports on developments in your strategy. It is expected that this individual will be involved with negotiation of investment commitments and relationships. Interaction with clients and new business presentations, as necessary.View Details
July 11, 2017
Candidates for this position will most likely be serving in a comparable role at a plan sponsor, investment manager or consulting firm specializing in hedge funds. You will be responsible for the review, evaluation and analysis of emerging markets (with a focus on Asia) within the hedge fund space. This includes identifying, interviewing and performing due diligence (qualitative and quantitative) on new managers not on our platform, as well as existing managers. In addition, you will perform ongoing monitoring of the managers in your strategy and prepare quarterly reports on developments in your strategy, as well as authoring research and white papers. It is expected that you will be involved with negotiation of investment commitments and relationships. This role also includes interaction with clients and new business presentations, as necessary. As a research consultant, you will mentor analysts and junior staff on manager due diligence.View Details